Skillshare is a good ELearning platform, albeit it doesn’t have as many classes as others (e.g. Udemy), it provides tons of resources for creative people and entrepreneurs.
It’s also a reasonable solution because it is often cheap if you decide to opt for an annual subscription (be aware that you’ll have to pay the complete amount in advance).
There is also a 1-month free trial for the Premium plan which provides you unlimited access to thousands of classes and you can cancel at any time within that 1-month period if you opt to not continue.
Skillshare is one of the simplest online learning platforms for people that want to find out new skills or improve existing ones. It launched in 2012 with just 25 courses at the time.
The platform is consistently growing and now they need thousands of classes in several niches. Skillshare gives its members unlimited access to classes for a monthly subscription fee, plus they also offer tons of free classes. Skillshare courses aren’t accredited and you will not get any certificate at the top. You’ll get something better though – skills that will be applied in the real world.
There are few things that make Skillshare stand out among other online learning platforms:
- Every course you’re taking is concentrated on learning one specific skill during a short period of your time.
- You can apply the talents you learned on Skillshare within the world.
- Skillshare focuses on project-based learning which may be a good way to practice new skills.
- Skillshare is extremely affordable. You can sign up for a 30-day free trial, get a monthly subscription, or get an annual Premium membership with a 40% discount. That has unlimited access to all or any Skillshare classes.
- Speaking of classes, Skillshare often invites celebrity teachers. Recently they launched two new classes taught by NBC chat show host Lilly Singh and a replacement York Times best-selling author Jonathan Van Ness.
- You can learn for free! Yes, that’s right: Skillshare has thousands of free classes, as well.
Why it is used?
- Shared Learning Experience
- Class Creation
- Publishing Classes
- Promoting Class
- Building Channels
- Compensation for Teachers
- Catalog of Premium Classes
- High-Quality Learning Materials/Courses
- Free Classes
- Group Classes
- Learning by Support
- Offline viewing for Premium Students
Skillshare is very useful for students who have different learning objectives. As a robust platform, it offers classes and courses to those who want to learn new sets of skills, those who like to access a refresher for their past acquired skills, and those who want to update their skills through new challenges.
It can be observed that Skillshare doesn’t offer one-one-one classes. This is because it focuses on shared learning experience. The platform allows students to share perspectives and insights with one another. It enables them to learn skills by aid of networking and support. They can also give feedback to their online classes. Skillshare is designed to promote and enhance creativity. Students can watch video lessons and create projects to unlock their creativity.
In addition, becoming a teacher in Skillshare is just simple. If users like to share their passion and skills with students around the world, they will be able to do that by creating a class, providing a class description, and publishing the class. Through the aid of the Skillshare class creation tool, instructors can create their classes easily. The platform also provides step-by-step guidelines from creating and publishing a class to promoting it by building a channel.
Skill Share Pricing
Skillshare monthly cost is $32 if you pay month by month or $168 if you decide to go for the annual membership which works out at $13.99 a month. Skillshare for Teams is made up of 3 different plans, Starter, Enterprise and Revive. The Starter is $139 per user, per year and best for (2 to 20 students). The Enterprise is great for larger teams (of 20+) and the 3rd plan the Revive is for (50+ or more) each of these plans are custom priced.